Department of Computer Science Engineering|
- This discipline is a combination of Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering and Computational
sciences where the objective is to train students in software design and hardware-software integration.
- The programme prepares students in Algorithm design, Database Management Systems, Language Processing, Programming Languages,
Image Processing,Data Structures and Operating Systems. A combination of theoretical and practical learning allows students to
understand subject concepts and their applications in industry.
Programme Structure :
- There is large employment potential for graduates in Hardware and Software industry. The employment is also available in areas like Embedded System,
VLSI Design,Microcontroller and robotic research. The various Government Sectors and Industries like IT, R&D, Support,Banking, Business and Finance
also have large requirement of Computer Science & Engineering graduates.
3rd and 4th Semesters (total credits 90)
5th and 6th Semesters (total credits 92)
- Data Structures & Concepts in Programming Languages
- Business Data Processing
- Theoretical Foundation of Computer Science facility.
- Computer Architecture & Organization
- Introduction to Object Oriented Programming
7th and 8th Semesters (total credits 93)
- Microprocessor and Interfacing
- Computer Graphics & GUI Design
- Software Engineering
- Language Processing
- Advanced Computer Networks
- System Programming
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Database Management Systems
Department of Computer Science
- Distributed & Parallel database
- Artificial Inteligence
- TCP/IP and Internet
- Computer System Security
- Optimization Techniques in Computing
- Digital Image processing
- Information Security
- Data warehousing and mining
- Project Phase I & II
- The Department, established in 2002, is equipped
- There are 170 computers interconnected with internet
facility. The network is managed by a 24 hrs server and CISCO router.
- Computer laboratories have high-endbranded servers of IBM and WIPRO. The department uses software of
industry standard like Rational Rose, Oracle, DB2 AIX, and MSDN.
- Department is an authorized training centre for Oracle Certification where students have pursued certification like Oracle
Certified Associate (OCA) and Oracle Certified Professional (OCP). The process of signing MOU for JAVA-SUN Technologies is
on. A MOU with SUN MICROSYSTEM,Banglore is signed, which enables one Final Year student to be selected as SUN Campus
Ambassador every year. The ambassador responsible for promoting JAVA technologies in the region and also gets training on latest
- The department has excellent results and
placement record. The first five merit holders
of RTMNU are from the department, for all
Industry Interaction and Research
- It has well- qualified faculty with experience in software industry. They have various
international and national
publications in areas such as Natural
Language Processing, D i g i t a l I m a g e
Processing, Internet and Mobile Technology,
Placement and Alumni
- A good interaction with industry has
resulted in Final Year projects being defined
by reputed software industries. The results of
industry projects are also used as end
products by software industries and
integrated with products used by clients
- MOUs with companies like SUN, IBM and
ORACLE have brought necessary support and
training on the latest software products which
has bridged the gap between institution and
- 96 percent of students of the current batch have been placed in various companies like
INFOSYS, TCS, ACCENTURE,
CAPGEMINI, CYBAGE, WIPRO, HCL, etc.
- Alumni of the department are working for
companies like MICROSOFT, INFOMATICA,
J. P. MORGAN, with an annual package of
over 9 lakhs.
|Dr. M. B. Chandak|
Dr. M.B. Chandak, has teaching experience of over 20+ years and has carried out his Ph.D. research in Natural Language Processing domain.