- This branch of engineering deals with the study and application of electricity,electronics and electromagnetism.
- The objective is to provide students with scientific knowledge necessary to understand the fundamentals of engineering as well as successfully obtain
a graduate degree in electrical engineering.
- Students undergo internship for a minimun two weeksin every Semesters to equip them with the ability to communicate effectively and to act with social, ethical and
professional responsibilities. Projects for final year students help them to develop capabilities to provide resourceful and innovative electrical engineering solutions.
- The programme equips the student to develop ability to apply the knowledge in analysis, design, simulation and control students to get adequate exposure to
various softwares and electrical equipments.
- Electrical energy is required right from domestics to big industrial sectors. Thus, opportunities for electrical engineers exist in every aspect of modern life.
- Students gain adequate knowledge through the programme to pursue career in engineering, software field and R&D sector. They also have the option of pursuing higher studies.
- Graduates can work as technocrats in the field of design/research & development, production or service sectors and in any electrical company, telecommunications companies,
computer hardware or software companies, network companies, automobile industries,consumer goods sector, power stations, in designing and manufacturing of
electrical equipments, electrical machines and many others.
3rd and 4th Semesters (total credits 94)
- Another three years of specialization in this branch includes the following subjects:
5th and 6th Semesters (total credits 90)
- Engineering Mathematics -III
- Elements of Electromagnetics
- Elements of Electromagnetics
- Electrical Measurement and measuring Instruments
- Principles of Economics & Management
- Electrical Engineering Mathematics
- Digital and Linear Electronic Circuits
- Electrical Machines-I
- Network Analysis
- C and Data Structure
- Electronics Devices and Circuits
7th and 8th Semesters (total credits 91)
- Power Station Practice
- Microprocessor and Interfacing
- Electrical Machine Design II
- Electrical Power System I
- Elective I
- Electrical Engineering Workshop
- Control System I
- Power Electronics
- Electrical Drives and Control
- Electrical Power System II
- Open Elective
- Computer Aided Electrical Engineering Drawing
Department of Electrical Engineering
- Control systems-II
- Power Semiconductor based devices
- Elective II
- High Voltage Engineering
- Elective III
- Project Seminar
- Electrical Installation Design
- Switch gear and Protection
- Computer Applications in Power System
- The department has been accredited by NBA twice.
It is also a recognized centre for M.E. (Research) and will soon get recognition as place of research for Ph.D. by R.T.M. Nagpur University.
- The department, set-up in 1984, runs degree programmes - B.E. (Electrical), and PG programme “M.Tech. in Power Electronics & Power System”.
- It has twelve well-equipped laboratories with latest software and computing facilities.
- Many faculty members of the department have published and presented papers in national, international journals and conferences.
- The department has 'Electrical Engineering Students Association' (EESA), a platform for students to exhibit their talent through national
level paper presentations technical quizzes, and other related activities.
- The department has organized workshops & STTP for engineering faculty.
Placements and Alumni
- Faculty has long teaching and research experience combined with industrial experience.
- They have undertaken many consultancy projects and have been granted invention patent by Govt. of India.
- Students are sent for industrial visits along with faculty members for industrial exposures and training.
- Students are placed in reputed organizations like General Motors, HP, Jindal Steel and Power, L&T, Reliance Energy, Tata Motors in and around the world.
- 2011-12 batch was placed in companies such as Accenture, Capgemini, L&T InfoTech, Mahindra & Mahindra LTD. , Mahindra Satyam & Tech Mahindra,Swapoorji Pallonji & co.Ltd,
Wipro Technologies, Persistent Systems Ltd, KPIT Cummins, MU Sigma Business Solutions Ltd, Infocepts, Cybage etc., through campus placements.
|Dr. M.M. Renge|
|Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering, Dr. Renge has 24 national and
international publications to his credit. He has 24 years of teaching