Department of Electronics and Communication Engg.|
- The programme provides knowledge necessary to comprehend fundamentals of communication engineering.
- It aims at equipping students with knowledge to pursue successful careers, involve in research and development, and pursue postgraduate degrees. The
objective is also to develop communication skills and ethical values so that students can be successful professionals along with
being socially responsible.
- Final year projects equip the students with the capability to provide resourceful and innovative electronics and communication engineering
solutions.The students will have the ability to apply their knowledge in engineering analysis, design, and simulation.
- Graduates can work as technical support engineers,design/research and development engineers, production engineers or service engineers in various fields such as
electrical and electronic companies, telecommunications companies, computer hardware or software companies,network companies and many others.
The programme has the following structure:
3rd and 4th Semesters (total credits 90)
5th and 6th Semesters (total credits 90)
- Engineering Mathematics III & IV
- Network Theory
- Electronic Devices & Circuits
- Object Oriented Data Structure
- Electronic Measurement & Instrumentation
- Electromagnetic Fields
- Electronic Engineering Materials & IC fabrication
- Digital Logic Design
- Analog Circuits
7th and 8th Semesters (total credits 95)
- Statistical Signal Analysis
- Control System Engineering
- Analog Communication Engineering
- Principles of Economics and Management
- Microprocessor & Interfacing
- Computer Organization, Economics
- Field Radiating Systems
- Television Engineering
- Embedded System - I
- Switching Theory and Finite Automata
- Workshop Practice
Department of Electronics and Communication
- Digital Communication
- Optical Communication
- Computer Communication Networks,
- Digital Signal Processing,
- Wireless Communication,
- Digital System
- Advanced Microprocessor, Design with VHDL
- Pattern Recognition,
- Fuzzy Logic and Neural Network,
- Embedded Systems - II
- Digital Image Processing,
- Medical Electronics,
- Wireless Communication
- CMOS VLSI Design
- Satellite Communication
- RF circuit design
- The department was set-up in 2001 and has been accredited by AICTE for three years.
- Well-equipped laboratories with advanced equipment worth more than Rs. 1 crore along with advanced software have
helped to achieve excellence in design and research.
- The department has gained the distinction of producing merit holders with students appearing among the top ten University rankers.
- A forum called 'CommuniquÃ©' has been set up by the department which provides a platform to the students and staff to
showcase their talent through various technical,curricular and co-curricular activities.
Industry Interaction and Research
- The faculty has published 90 papers in international journals and presented papers in national and international conferences.
They have the distinction of being nominated as reviewers for international journals and conferences.
Placements and alumni
- Annual industrial tours are organized for the students to get first-hand experience of the industry. Department
faculty is also tied with various industries for projects.
- The focus of research by the department is on diverse aspects of Signals and
communication systems through cross layer designs and error control coding
- Seventy four final year students have been placed in various companies like Infosys, Accenture, Capgemini,Persistent,
Infocepts, Cybage, Igate Patni, L&T Infotech,NVIDIA Graphics Pvt. Ltd, Wipro Technologies, Wipro Tech (VLSI) etc.
|Dr. Sanjay B. Pokle|
He is a Ph.D. with 16 years of teaching and 3 years of industry experience. He has published 22 research papers
in national and international journals.