Electroncs Design and Technology|
- The Programme motivates the students towards the development of prototype design of electronic product and its reliability techniques.
- The focus of the programme is to impart the knowledge of mathematics, basic science & electrical engineering fundamental to successfully
compete for entry level positions or pursue post graduate studies in related field.
- The programme motivates the students towards contemporary professional and lifelong learning skills including hands-on lab practicals,
modern softwares,hardware software co-design & information technology to successfully compete in local, national & global engineering market.
3rd and 4th semesters (total credits 90)
- A degree in EDT enables students to enter into core fields as a design engineer or research scholars. A graduate can work with the public sector,
telecom industry,computer hardware and software industry, network industry, automation and instrumentation industry. This course is in synchronous with
EDT programme of IISc Bangalore.
5th and 6th semesters (total credits 92)
- Electronic Devices
- Digital Logic Design
- Network Theory
- Electronic Engineering material & IC fabrication
- Electromagnetic Fields
- Analog circuits
- Electronic Circuits
- Electronic Measurement & Instrumentation
- Engineering Mathematics
7th and 8th semesters (total credits 93)
- Digital system Design with HDL
- Statistical Signals analysis
- PCB Technology
- Microprocessor & Interfacing
- Field & Radiating system
- Control system Engineering
- Microcontroller based design
- Industrial Design of Electronic Equipments
- Analog communication Engineering
- Electronic Product Design
- Open Elective:
- Computer Organization
- Principles of Economics & Management
Department of Electronics Design Technology
- Design for Reliability**
- CMOS VLSI circuits
- Digital Signal Processing
- Electronic System Design**
- Wireless communication
- Micro-Electro Mechanical system
- Power Electronic & Industrial Automation
- Optical Communication
- Digital communication
- Computer Communication & Network
- Advanced Processor & Peripherals
- Embedded system Design**
- CMOS & RF Design
- Switching Theory & Finite Automata
- Test & Verification methods in SOC Design**
- (** Subject in PG curriculum of IISc Bangalore)
- Established in 1987, it is the only department that offers this course as a UG Programme in the country.
- It has been accreditated by National Board of Accreditation of AICTE, New Delhi, twice.
- A grant of 9 lakhs was received from AICTE under MODROB for the upgradation of the PCB lab.
- The department is equipped with a state-of-the-art PCB Laboratory with Surface Mount Devices (SMD)
Workstations and PTH setup which has been recently upgraded.
- The department conducts annual training programmes for the students to enhance their skills in the
field of Embedded System Design & VLSI.
- The department has a students’ society called 'Genesis' which provides a platform to the students to interact with
the alumni and technocrats. It enables students to show their hidden talent and to improve their
Industry Interaction and Research
- A research oriented approach has given opportunities to the faculty to publish and present their work in international
and national journals and conferences.
- In addition to teaching undergraduates, the Faculty also teaches advanced VLSI based subjects to M. Tech students.
40 percent of the faculty members are pursuing Ph.D. With expertise in the field of Embedded System/VLSI,
some of them have been working as resource faculty in different workshops and STTPs conducted for upgradation of students and faculty.
Placements and Alumni
- Focus of research in the department is to develop product prototypes related aspects of circuit design,fabrication, ergonomics and reliability.
The faculty has developed various microcontroller based in-house modules for Advance Microprocessors and Microcontroller lab.
- Teachers and students actively participate in projects sponsored by the industry, while some of the students have also taken up consultancy work for the Industry.
- Around 60 percent of the eligible students of the current batch have already been placed in the initial phase of campus placement.
- Alumni of the branch are working with companies like IBM, Intel Crop., KPIT Cummins, Tech Mahindra, L&T,Infosys, Intereon, InfoTech,
Accenture, Capgemini, HCLtechnologies, HSBC and Patni computers. Some of the alumni have their independent ventures and are successful entrepreneurs.
|Prof. (Mrs.) R.R. Harkare|
She is B.E. & M.Tech. from VNIT, Nagpur, with specialization in Analog Circuits. She has over 25 years of