Department of Electronics Engineering|
- To prepare graduates who possess the necessary foundation required to take up gainful employment in core sector and allied sector.
- To develop the ability among students to understand the concept of Mathematics, Physics and core electronics subjects which will facilitate understanding of new technology.
- To make the students capable to analyze, synthesize and design the electronic system.
- To develop skills to understand group dynamics, to effectively communicate ideas, to develop sense of responsibility to develop ethical, social and legal practices in profession.
- To instill self learning and lifelong learning by engaging them in field work, live projects.
- Electronics is one of the largest and fastest growing industries. It covers a wide range of applications such as
television, radio, computers, telecommunication etc.Electronics has a major role in improving productivity in industries
like oil, energy, agriculture, steel, petroleum,chemical and so many other important sectors of economy.Electronics engineers
may specialize in VLSI,semiconductors, aircraft electronics, communications and data systems, control systems, telecommunications,
power station control systems, defense systems, medical equipment or meteorology.
- Electronics Engineering is a constantly changing and widening branch of the engineering profession. Increased
production and demand by government and businesses for communication equipment, computers and military Electronics along with
consumer demand and increased research and development on robots and other types of automation contributes to the growth of employment
opportunities in the field. Individual with a creative and inventive mind and good knowledge of Physics and Mathematics will find
Electronics engineering a challenging and lucrative career.
RCOEM was granted progressive academic autonomy from the session 2011-12. Currently Second Year course is under autonomy. Third and Final Year Students, however, follow the scheme & syllabus as per RTMNU(Rashtrasant Tukadoji Maharaj Nagpur University), Nagpur.
The programme (as per autonomy) includes the following structure:
3rd and 4th Semesters (Total credits 90)
5th and 6th Semesters (Total credits 92)
- Network Theory
- Mathematics III
- Electronic Devices
- Digital Logic Design
- Electronic Engineering Materials & IC Fabrication
- Object Oriented Data Structure
- Environmental Studies I
- Mathematics IV
- Electromagnetic Fields
- Analog Circuits
- Electronic Circuits
- Electronic Measurement & Instrumentation
- Environmental Studies II
7th and 8th Semesters (Total credits 93)
- Digital System Design (HDL)
- Principles of Economics & Management
- Statistical Signal Analysis
- Fields & Radiating Systems
- Microprocessor & Interfacing
- Circuit Simulation
- Microwave Engineering
- Control System Engg.
- Microcontroller Based Design
- Computer Organization
- Analog Communication Engineering
- Electronic Product Design
- Open Elective I
- PCB Design
- Digital Communication
- CMOS VLSI Design
- Digital Signal Processing
- Elective –I
- Elective -II
- Computer Communication Networks
- Advanced Processors & Embedded Systems
- Elective -III
- Elective –IV
Department of Electronics Engineering
- Electronic System Design
- Wireless Communication
- Micro Electro Mechanical Systems
- Power Electronics & Industrial Automation
- Optical Communication
- Medical Electronics
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing
- CMOS & RF Design
- Switching Theory & Finite Automata
- Design For Testability
- Digital Image Processing
- Department of Electronics Engineering is established in the year 1986. The National Board of Accreditation Committee of AICTE has accredited the department twice in succession in the year 2003 and 2007 for three years each. The Electronics department has post graduate program M.Tech. (VLSI Design) since 2004. It is recognized centre for M.E. (By Research) and Doctoral programs of RTMNU. Presently 26 candidates are pursuing Ph.D. under the Department as the place of research. Eight candidates have been awarded Ph.D. from the research center. The Department has received two grants from AICTE under MODROB scheme to carry out projects in CMOS VLSI Design and Printed Circuit Board Design and Fabrication of Rs.10 Lakhs and Rs.9 Lakhs respectively.
- The Department is well equipped with 13 labs with total investment of about Rs. 2.4 crores. The major software include VLSI design, development and verification platforms viz. Mentor Graphics' FPGA Advantage digital design simulation, synthesis tool and Synopsys's analog/digital design tool set. The backend place and route vendor specific tools are Xilinx's ISE Development Platform, Altera's NIOS II Development Platform, Tanner tool, ORCAD 15.7. The design platforms are Virtex 5 Development Platform and Embedded System Design environment like NIOS II Embedded Evaluation CYCLONE III Platform, ARM 7/9 Development Platform. In Communication Engineering area, department has Fiber Optic Trainer, Spectrum Analyzer, Digital Storage Oscilloscope, MIC Trainer etc. The Digital Signal Processing field includes design environment like MATLAB, Labview and hardware platforms like DSP Trainer from Texas Instruments.
- • The Department organizes many programs for technical development of students as well as faculty. Students are always encouraged for appearing in GATE, CAT, GRE and other examinations and many students have brought laurels to the Department. The Department boasts of results which are above 90 percent and has a track record of producing merit holders in RTMNU examinations.
Placements and Alumni
- The faculty is highly qualified and experienced with keen interest in research. The Department has 2 Professors,
6 Associate Professors, and 28 Assistant Professors.
- 14 faculty members are pursuing doctoral research and 04 faculty members have
been awarded Ph.D. degree.
- Faculty members are also involved in Indian Nanoelectronics Users Program (INUP). INUP is a unique activity jointly run by the Centres of Excellence in Nanoelectronics at the Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IITB) Sponsored by MCIT, Govt. of India. It is an initiative to create and spread the expertise of Nanoelectronics in the country.
Two projects are completed and one is ongoing project under INUP.
- Dr. R. S. Pande as the Principal Investigator and Prof. D. G. Khushalani as the Co-Investigator of a research project under INUP Program at IIT, Bombay Sponsored by MCIT, Govt. of India, titled “Fabrication & Characterization of MEMS cantilever switch for power applications” is an ongoing project.
- Dr. R. S. Pande as the Principal Investigator and Prof. (Mrs.) J. P. Kalambe as the Co-Investigator of a research project under INUP program titled “Reliability Characterization of MEMS Cantilever Switch” and Dr. R. M. Patrikar (VNIT, Nagpur) as the Principal Investigator and Prof. (Mrs.) J. P. Kalambe as the Co-Investigator of a research project under INUP program titled “Fabrication of Microcantilever Based Sensor” are two completed INUP research projects.
- The faculty members have over 270 research papers in national and international conferences/ journals.
Laboratories in the Department
- Around 85 students from current batch have been placed through campus interviews in reputed companies such as Accenture, Tech Mahindra, Mu Sigma, Cap Gemini etc.
- • Our Alumina are working in companies across the world, such as Intel, Xilinx, Altera, IBM, Texas Instruments, Microsoft, Cadence, Cisco, MBT, Cognizant, Tech Mahindra, Wipro, TCS, Infosys, etc.
|1||Electronic Devices and Circuits |
|2||Digital Circuits |
|3||Linear Electronics Circuits |
|4||Microprocessors and interfacing|
|5||Communication Electronics |
|6||Electronic Workshop |
|7||Electronic System Design |
|8||Software Project |
|9||Advanced Microprocessor & Microcontroller|
|10||Digital Signal Processing |
|11||Electronic Design Automation |
|12||UHF and Microwave |
|13||Printed Circuit Board|
List of Major Equipment & Software available in the Department
||Digital Signal Processing/Advanced Microprocessors Lab
||LABVIEW Full Development System|
DSP Trainer TMDX3200 (4 Nos)
C-Cross Ware Compiler 5 User License
||Electronics System Design Lab
||Model Philips-LPC 2294 4MB Flash 1MB RAM|
ARM Processor, Triton IDE Compiler
APLAB 5 KVA online UPS
|3||Software Project Lab
Universal Multivendor CPLD/FPGA MAX 7128 Trainer
Universal VLSI / Microcontroller .XILINX,ARM Processor trainer
DSO MODEL 200 MHZ (PART NO 2202CA)
||Fiber Optic Trainer|
CDMA Trainer Kit
DSO 200 Mhz
DSO 100 Mhz
|5||UHF & Microwave
||Klystron based UHF & MW Test Bench (Beltronix)|
Klystron based UHF & MW Test Bench (N.K.Enterprise)
Klystron based UHF & MW Test Bench MT9000
MIC Trainer kit-NV-9008
GUNN based UHF & MW Test Bench MT9001
UHF & MW Test Bench (SICO)
Klystron based UHF & MW Test Bench
MW Test Bench
|6||Electronic Workshop Lab
||Universal IC Tester|
CRO-HM205/2 Scientific make
DSO 200 Mhz
|7||Microprocessor & Interfacing Lab
||Universal Programmer PRO-580|
PLC Trainer Kit
|8||Electronic Design Automation Lab
||Tanner Tool VLSI S/W for IC Design|
FPGA advantage for IC design
Vertex-5 development board
Keil MDK ARM Ed s/w real view microcontroller development kit,
c/c++ compilier assembler
Synopsis asia pacific Back end tool (3 set)
Synopsis asia pacific front end tool (4 set)
Logic analyzer cum pattern gen 48 CH. 100mhz/M -LG480
DSO Model;DSO 200 Mhz
LOGIC Analyser cum Pattern genarator 36 ch.100mhz
ADS Design suite
|Total Amount in Rs.||61,29,556.00|
Agilent ADS 2011
The software was donated by Agilent Corporation USA for Academic purposes.
Advanced Design System is the leading electronic design automation software for RF, microwave, and high speed digital applications. ADS pioneers the most innovative and commercially successful technologies, such as X-parameters and 3D EM simulators, used by leading companies in the wireless communication & networking and aerospace & defense industries. For WiMAX™, LTE, multi-gigabit per second data links, radar, & satellite applications, ADS provides full, standards-based design and verification with Wireless Libraries and circuit-system-EM co-simulation in an integrated platform.
We have also purchased this tool, and its usage is expected to increase as we have introduced new subjects related to RF and Microwave Design in UG/PG curriculum. For autonomous M.Tech. (VLSI Design) course, following are the list of subjects for which ADS tool is used:
ENP 506 ( Analog IC Design )
ENP 509 ( RF Circuit Design )
ADS tool is used by PG students for their project work. Following is the list of students who are doing/completed their project in RF Circuit Design.
1. Jyoti Zunzunwala ‘‘Design and optimization of CMOS Mixer’’. (Completed Project)
Published a paper “An Active Down Conversion Mixer with Improved Linearity and Noise Figure’’ ,in International Journal of Electronics, Communication & Soft Computing Science and Engineering (IJECSCSE),
Volume 1, Issue 1, page no. 23 to 25 [PDF]
2. Shirin Sheikh ‘‘ Design of OTA ’’ (Ongoing Project)
|Dr.(Mrs.) A. A. Khurshid|
Dr.(Mrs.) A. A. Khurshid, HOD, Electronics Engineering Department, has done her M.Tech. and Ph.D. in Electronics Engg. from VNIT, Nagpur.