Industrial engineering is an interdisciplinary branch of engineering that is concerned with the
design, development,improvement,evaluation, and implementation of integrated systems of people, knowledge, equipment, energy, material,
and process.It is concerned primarily with increasing productivity and to develop management control systems toaid in financial planning
and cost analysis. It also provides students the knowledge to design production planning and control systems to coordinate activities and
ensure product quality.
- An Industrial Engineer can get jobs in almost all types of industries (manufacturing/service).An industrial engineer is a
systems integrator – a big-picture thinker. It also covers a wide and varied range of industries from FMCG, IT & system, consultancy,
banking & financial institutions to telecom.Industrial Engineers can take self Employment as their first choice. Qualities, techniques
required for being an employer is nurtured in them since their inception in to the course module. Self employment opportunities are also available as
consultants or specialists usually after suitable years of industrial experience. They can join private consultancy firms, R&D establishments of big companies.
Industrial engineers have ample opportunities for pursuing their post graduation studies in and outside INDIA.(Technical and Management).
Because of the broad-based nature of the course, industrial engineers can work with all types of engineering and manufacturing industries in the private and public sectors.
3rd and 4th Semesters (Total credits 93)
- The three years of specialization spread over six semesters includes the following subjects:
5th and 6th Semesters (total credits 89)
- Quantitative methods
- Thermal Engineering
- Principles of management and Managerial Economics
- Metal working Process
- Data stricture and file handling using C
- Machine drawing and computer Aided drafting
- Theory of Machines
- Methods Engineering
- Instrumentation and Metrology
- Facilities Planning
- Industrial Visit
- Environmental Studies
7th and 8th Semesters (total credits 93)
- Operations Research
- Fluid Power engineering
- Machine design
- Productivity Measurement and ImprovementModeling and Simulation
- Production, Planning And control
- Supply chain ManagementMetal Removal Process
- Elective I-open Elective
- Entrepreneurship Development
Department of Industrial Engineering
- Quality Engineering
- Industrial Automation
- Ergonomics and Value Engg
- Knowledge Management system
- Material Management
- Management Information System
- Organizational Behaviour
- Engineering Economy and Cost Control
- Creativity and Innovation
- Elective IElective II
- Data Base management System
- Research Methodology
- The Dept was established in 1984 and has been accredited twice.
It offers UG and PG course in Industrial Engineering. It also offers ME (By Research) and is a recognized place of research for Ph.D.
- The Dept is known for taking its initiatives for all round development of the students with GATE cell, language classes, mock interviews,
aptitude test for campus selection,GRE workshop and many more such activities.
- The department has well equipped laboratories and a Departmental library. An EDM (ELECTRICAL DISCHARGE MACHINE) has also been purchased by the department. It
owns various software like SIMUL8, WITNESS and PRIMAVERA. Recently the department purchased Digital Manufacturing software (full industry version)
'TECHNOMATIX' from Siemens to help the students in simulating industrial environment.
Industry Interaction and research
- Three faculty members have doctorate and 8 are pursuing their Ph.D. 8 faculty members are postgraduates.The faculty members have more than 80 international and
200 national research papers to their credit.
- Most of the faculty members have worked with companies such as International Combustion (I) Ltd.,Kirloskar Oil Engines Ltd., Mazgaon Docks Ltd., Engineers
India Ltd., Facor Steel, Skoda Auto India, TCS, Indian Railways, and IBM India. This has enriched the students and has helped in the consultancy work undertaken by the college.
Placements and Alumni
- The Dept conducts training programmes for industry personnel in HR, Quality, TQM, Six Sigma, and ISO. Some programmes have been conducted at Ultra tech Cement, LIC,
Duraweld, Richardson and Cruddas, Sunflag, Raymonds,Mahindra & Mahindra, and Ordinance factory. Consultancy project has been carried out at Indorama, Cooper Industries,
- More than 80 percent of the students have been placed in Accenture, TVS, Mahindra & Mahindra, L&T, Capgemini, Wipro, Visa Steel, Raymond, Four Soft ltd,
Future group,Bosch, Global Logic, Infocepts, Infosys, Mphasis, and TCS .
- Many Alumni hold key positions in companies across the world such as General Motors, Cognizant, Hewlett Packard,Dell Computers, Sony (USA), Maruti Suzuki, Tata
Technologies, Siemens, KPMG, Reliance Logistics Ltd ,Cadbury India Ltd, Magan Rico Power Train System, FIAT (India), Royal Bank of Canada, and many more.
|Dr. M. M. Gupta|
He is Ph.D, has more than 18 years of experience of graduate and post graduate teaching.
his area of expertiseare Ergonomics, Thermal Engineering and Simulation.