Department of Information Technology|
- The programme is designed for students who are not only interested in computers, but whose interests also go beyond computing.
- The degree Programme is a theory and laboratorybased program designed to provide in-depth knowledge of computer systems,
new and emerging information technologies, their application and integration to solve real world problems.
- The programme does not require prior academic background or experience in technology as all technical areas presented in the
programme begin at a fundamental skill level.
- IT Graduates can expect professional career opportunities in IT and other allied industries in the areas such as system analysis,
design, development, support,mobile and distributed application development, web/ecommerce development, database administration,
computer hardware, networking, education and training.
Six semesters in this branch provides an exposure to the following subjects:
3rd and 4th Semesters (total credits 92)
5th and 6th Semesters (total credits 92)
- Applied Mathematics, Principles of Management
- Data Structures, Digital Circuits& Microprocessor
- Business Information System
- Discrete Mathematics, Computer Architecture and Organization
- Object Oriented Programming, IT Infrastructure Services, Technical Communication
7th and 8th Semesters (total credits 91)
- Microprocessor & Interfacing, Digital Communications, System Software
- Software Engineering, Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Compilers, Software Project Management, Operating Systems
- Internet Technology
- Computer Network, Database Management Systems
- Introduction to Distributed Systems
- Mobile Computing, Computer System Security
Department of Information and Technology
- Virtualization and Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligence, Web Technology
- Enterprise Resource Planning, Software Project Management, Computer Graphics, Soft Computing
- Data Warehousing & Mining, Real Time Operating Systems, E-Commerce, TCP/ IP
- The Department, accredited by National Board of Accreditation, AICTE, has excellent infrastructure.
- Laboratories are well equipped with computers of latest configuration and Internet facility. Latest software's,
Wireless Access Point, LCD projectors and a separate Router are used in the laboratories for teaching purpose.
- The Department has a distinction of consistently getting 100 percent results in the final year. Students are
encouraged to appear in GATE, CAT, GRE and other competitive examinations which has resulted in increasing number of
students clearing these exams. The highest percentile in GATE'11 was 99.49, in GRE examination it was 1400 and in CAT '11 it was 99.63.
- The Department also coordinates Semicolon Tech Club (STC) and ISTE Student Chapter of RCOEM, under which various national and college
level technical and co-curricular activities are organized for the benefit of the students.
Industry Interaction and Research
- All Faculty members of the department are postgraduates with average teaching experience of 11years. One faculty member is Ph.D.
while four others are pursuing Ph.D. from reputed institutions.
- Faculty members of the department have presented and published over 65 papers in several national and international conferences and journals.
- They have been invited as guest lectures and as judges / session Chairs for different workshops and conferences.
- Faculty members have also actively participated at different levels in RTMNU like Board of Studies, Local Committees, Subject Experts etc.
Placements and Alumni
- The Department has a good industry institute interaction. MOU's signed with leading software industries in the region provides a good impetus for
- Every year the department organizes an industrial tour to reputed IT Industries in India, to give the much required exposure to the students.
- The department regularly conducts guest lectures of industry experts and academicians to keep the students abreast of the current technologies.
- The different areas of research undertaken by the department are in the fields of Networking, Network Security and Natural Language Processing.
- Nearly all the eligible students of current final year batch are placed with software companies like Wipro, Accenture, Persistent System Ltd,
L&T InfoTech, KPIT Cummins, Zensar Technologies, Mahindra Satyam, Tech Mahindra and Infocepts. About 20 percent of students have also opted for higher education in India and abroad.
- The department has produced highly successful professionals who hold key positions in different IT companies all over the world such as Oracle, JP Morgan,
HSBC, CISCO and many others.
|Prof. Mrs. Padma. D. Adane|
A Post Graduate from Nagpur Universityand persuing Ph.D from VNIT, Nagpur, She has over 20 years of experience.